Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

On a Spy Lookout – Canadian Bacon Baked Potato Halves

My question of the day is “What is your excuse for being pacifist?”. Answers like “Because it’s a right thing to do” do not count: we’re all human, we all say that. But then I have my good old neighbor, “vecchietta biascicapaternostri” he likes to call himself. 20 years ago he was the head of a military plant. Do not ask me what they used to produce – it’s easier to make my husband admit I’m right than to get the truth out of that old scout. But now – well, when a guy comes over my kitchen in the middle of the day to say that the soup I’m making is not perfect yet, his flair tells some more ginger would do it, something must have gone wrong in his life. He tells it’s those cowards who gave up cold war. And he also tells that with my brain and education I could have made around $250K (current value) a year – you see, it’s always personal well-being that makes me move, or write in my current position.

So here I am, looking for some signs of economy improvement. And, can you believe it – NYT publishes the story about new espionage scandal. Can this actually be happening? 4 Russian spies running around innocent Canadian lands – oh my, isn’t it a perfect plot… But the question is – is it a new beginning of a cheerful era of hostility, or is it the continuation of the conspiracy that accidentally slipped into the media and we all are terribly tricked by the “happily ever after” “BFF” fakest picture ever? I don’t mean to put extra pressure on our government, but where is my quarter million?

But let’s leave all that politics aside. What matters for our dinner today is Russian potatoes and Canadian bacon, which twist incredibly into the tender texture and divine flavor in

Canadian Bacon Baked Potato Halves

You will need:
5                              Medium potatoes
0.5 lb                       Canadian bacon
                                Salt
                                Ground black pepper
                                Toothpicks

Method:

1. Peel potatoes, cut them into halves.

2. Arrange potato halves on a baking sheet.

3. Sprinkle little salt and ground black pepper on top of each potato half.

4. Cut Canadian bacon so that each piece’s size is approximately the size of the potato half. Place piece of
bacon on top a potato halves.

5. Preheat oven to 390 F. Meanwhile fix bacon on top of the potato with the help of a toothpick so that it does not slip when the fat starts melting.

6. Place baking sheet into the middle of the oven. Bake potatoes for 1hr 15 mins.

7. Canadian Bacon Baked Potato Halves are ready to be served. Bon appétit.

At this happy note I’d like to tell you “Good night and figure out your real enemy, my fellow Americans”. I’ll just give you a little hint here.

Sincerely yours,
Mrs Lovett

No comments:

Post a Comment